Campbell’s ready-to-eat or ready-to-serve soups and broths are often easy to reheat. And Campbell’s condensed products, in order to best combine in the final dish, must be boiled until all products are fully cooked. For example, if potatoes are added to the soup, then pour in Campbell’s soup, then add potatoes and cook the soup for 15-20 minutes.
Campbell’s Tomato Soup
Tomatoes – 1.5 kilograms
Vegetable oil – 3 tablespoons
Campbell’s beef broth – 0.75 liters
Tomato juice – 200 grams
Sour cream – 4 tablespoons
White bread – 4 pieces
Butter – 80 grams
Garlic – 6 cloves
Coriander and basil greens – several branches
How to cook tomato soup
1. Wash the tomatoes and cut off the stalk; on tomatoes, make cross-shaped incisions at the place of the stalk.
2. Place tomatoes in boiling water for 60 seconds.
3. After dousing the tomatoes with cold water, remove the peel.
4. Cut the tomatoes into slices into four parts, remove the seeds.
5. Cut the pulp of tomatoes into cubes with a side of 1 centimeter.
6. Peel 3 garlic cloves, push them through a press.
7. Pour 3 tablespoons of oil into a heavy bottomed saucepan.
8. Put the garlic in the oil, fry for 1 minute.
9. Add the prepared tomatoes, Campbell stock and tomato juice to the pot.
10. Boil the soup, cook for 10 minutes until the tomatoes become soft.
11. Cut the crusts off the slices of bread.
12. Cut the crumb of bread into cubes with a side of 1 centimeter.
13. Peel the remaining garlic, thinly slice into petals.
14. Put the butter in a pan, put on fire, melt the butter until liquid.
15. Fry the garlic in hot oil for half a minute.
16. Completely remove the garlic from the oil, remove.
17. Put bread cubes in this oil, fry until golden brown for 5 minutes over medium heat with constant stirring.
18. Before serving the soup, season with sour cream, add basil and cilantro.
Campbell’s Potato Soup
Potatoes – 8 pieces
Campbell’s beef broth – 750 milliliters
Sour cream – 200 grams
Egg yolks – 2 pieces
Cumin – 1 teaspoon
Water – 1 liter
How to cook mashed potato soup
1. Strain Campbell’s beef broth into a saucepan.
2. Put the meat aside.
3. Add 1 liter of water.
4. Boil the broth.
5. Wash, peel, coarsely chop the potatoes, put in the broth.
6. Add cumin.
7. Boil the soup until the potatoes are ready.
8. After removing the pan from the heat, pour about half of the broth into a separate bowl.
9. Mash the potatoes and the rest of the broth into a puree.
10. Dilute the puree with the drained broth.
11. Put the reserved pieces of meat into the soup.
12. Mix the yolks and sour cream.
13. Fill the soup with the resulting mixture.
14. Heat the soup over low heat, without boiling.
The history of Campbell’s soups dates back to 1869. The main specialization of the company is canned food. In 1897, one of the company’s employees invented concentrated soups. This invention has reduced the cost of storage, transportation and packaging. The finished product has become much cheaper. The most popular in the line of Campbell soups are tomato soup, chicken noodles and creamy mushroom soup.
Campbell soup is the favorite dish of the American artist Andy Warhol. His silkscreen “Campbell’s Soup Cans” is on display at the Museum of Modern Art in New York. It turns out that for many years he ate these instant soups for lunch. The artist sought to depict on the canvas what he really likes. A painting of thirty-two cans of Campbell’s soup was sold after the artist’s death for $24 million.
– Campbell soups have not found wide recognition in Russia. The very idea of buying ready-made soup in a store seemed alien to Russians, and the company left the Russian market after a year of experiments. Top managers of Campbell attributed the failure to the conservatism of Russian culture in the field of nutrition. In addition, canned food is more expensive than homemade, and Russians prefer a more natural and economical way of life, albeit at the expense of time. However, a small audience was very fond of Campbell’s soups. Campbell is currently only available overseas and has a wide range of products ranging from soups to branded cooking timers, oven mitts, c