For the preparation of Caesar salad, given that the chicken has already been defrosted, it takes 30 minutes.
How to make a Caesar salad
White bread (preferably a baguette) – 100 grams
Extra virgin olive oil – 50 milliliters
Parmesan cheese – 50 grams
Chicken fillet – 200 grams
Chicken egg – 1 piece
Young garlic – 2 teeth
Romaine lettuce – 400 grams
Worcestershire sauce – 3-4 drops
Lemon – 1 piece
Freshly ground black pepper – to taste
Salt – half a teaspoon
How to make Caesar with chicken
1. Wash the chicken fillet under cold water.
2. Dip the fillet into a saucepan, fill it with water, completely covering the meat.
3. Place the pot with the fillet on medium heat, add salt, cook for 30 minutes from the moment of boiling.
4. Remove the pan from the stove, remove the fillet, set aside to cool.
5. Lettuce leaves put in a deep container, pour cold water, rinse gently.
6. Put the leaves on a paper or dry rag towel, dry.
7. Gently fold the leaves on a flat dish, put in the refrigerator.
8. Cut off the crusts from the bread, cut the pulp into squares a centimeter thick.
9. Put the bread cubes on a baking sheet in one layer.
10. Place a baking sheet with bread cubes in an oven heated at 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
11. Dry the bread cubes for 10 minutes, periodically turning with a spatula so that they are slightly browned, but not hard.
12. Peel the garlic clove, finely chop or crush.
13. Mix garlic with a pinch of salt, a tablespoon of olive oil.
14. Place the pan on a quiet fire, put the garlic-butter mixture into it, warm up for 5 minutes.
15. Put croutons to the garlic mixture, hold on the stove for several minutes, stirring.
16. Pour 600-700 milliliters of water into a saucepan or small saucepan, bring to a boil over high heat and reduce it to quiet so that the water barely boils.
17. Wash the egg, pierce it with a needle from the blunt end, lower it into a saucepan with slightly boiling water for a minute.
18. Wash the lemon, cut it in half, squeeze the juice from the halves with your hands or with a juicer.
19. Chilled chicken fillet cut into squares centimeter thick.
20. Grate the cheese with small chips.
21. Peel the second clove of garlic, cut in half.
22. Rub the salad bowl with garlic cloves.
23. Put chilled lettuce leaves in a bowl, sprinkle with a few drops of oil, mix gently with your hands without breaking the leaves.
24. Add chicken meat, a few drops of Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, salt and pepper to the salad bowl, mix again.
25. Break and pour the egg into the salad bowl, mix so that it evenly covers the leaves.
26. Sprinkle cheese on the salad, mix.
27. Add crackers in the garlic mixture to the salad bowl, mix all the contents.
– Caesar salad was named after the Italian chef Caesar Cardini, who lived in America in the first half of the 20th century and owned several restaurants in the city of Tijuana. He is most often credited with the invention of the salad.
– According to legend , when chef Caesar Cardini’s refrigerator ran out of almost all the products, a large group of guests from Hollywood came to his restaurant. The Italian gathered everything he had left and prepared a salad that eventually became world famous.
– To make the Caesar salad less calorie , you can not fry the croutons in oil in a pan, but bake in an oven. To do this, sprinkle the diced bread with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, mix, put on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes at a temperature of 200 degrees.
– For “Caesar” only unfiltered olive oil of the best quality is used – it is marked extra virgin on the label, olio d’oliva l’extravergine is allowed, and the acidity of the oil should not exceed 1%. In this case, the salad will turn out light and juicy.
– In the classic recipe for Caesar salad, the main products are romaine lettuce leaves, wheat croutons, grated Parmesan cheese and a special dressing. Permissible additions to the salad are chicken (boiled or fried) and hard-boiled egg .
– The classic Caesar dressing is made from eggs aged in boiling water for 1 minute, olive oil, crushed garlic, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce.
– The classic Caesar salad dressing can be replaced with other dressing options :
1. Dressing with mayonnaise : mix 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise, one teaspoon of lemon juice, chopped herbs and a clove of garlic.
2. Yogurt dressing : Mix 100 grams of low-fat white yogurt with a crushed clove of garlic, grated Parmesan cheese and freshly ground black pepper, add salt if desired.
3. Dressing with boiled yolk : grind two hard-boiled eggs with a tablespoon of mustard, mix with the juice of half a lemon, crushed garlic clove, add 100 milliliters of olive oil, salt and black pepper to taste.
4. Anchovy dressing: Mix a tablespoon of Dijon mustard with a teaspoon of finely chopped anchovies, three minced garlic cloves, raw egg yolk, juice from half a lemon. Gradually pour in 10 milliliters of olive oil, whisking the sauce with a whisk. Pour a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar or juice from the second half of a lemon into the sauce, beat again.
5. Spicy dressing with curry and nutmeg : grind in a mortar half a teaspoon of sugar, half a clove of garlic, 2 black peppercorns, a pinch of salt, a piece of nutmeg, curry on the tip of a knife. Transfer the mixture from the mortar into a bowl, add three raw yolks, half a teaspoon of mustard, juice of half a lemon, beat with a whisk or mixer, gradually pouring in 70 milliliters of olive oil.