White cabbage in Korean
White cabbage – 3 kilograms
Carrots – 5 pieces of medium size
Garlic – 8 large teeth
Ground red hot pepper (or half a fresh chili) – 1 teaspoon
Bay leaf – 3 medium leaves
Sugar – 2 tablespoons
Salt – 2 tablespoons
Vinegar 9% – 1 tablespoon
Vegetable oil – half a glass
Water – 1 liter
Harvesting cabbage in Korean for the winter
1. Peel the cabbage from coarse leaves, Chop 2 kilograms of cabbage.
2. Wash, peel and grate 4 peeled carrots on a coarse grater.
3. Peel the garlic (8 cloves) from the dry shell, press the tooth with the wide side of the knife with force from above, then chop finely. So grind all 8 teeth. Or you can mince the garlic with a garlic press.
4. Put cabbage, carrots and garlic in a bowl, mix well.
5. Pour 1 liter of water into a large saucepan. Pour in 2 tablespoons of salt and sugar. There also add half a glass of vegetable oil, 3 bay leaves broken into pieces, 1 teaspoon of ground red hot pepper.
6. Heat the marinade to a boil and remove the pan from the heat.
7. Add 1 tablespoon of 9% vinegar. Mix.
8. Pour the hot marinade into a saucepan with cabbage, carrots and garlic.
9. Press down on top with a plate of a suitable size so that the cabbage is completely covered with marinade.
Arrange the cooled Korean-style cabbage in sterilized jars and put it in a dark, cool place for storage. She’s ready in a week.
Beijing cabbage in Korean for the winter
– 1 kilogram
Garlic – 4 teeth
Red ground hot pepper – 1 heaping tablespoon
Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
Salt – 1.25 tablespoons
Sugar – 1 tablespoon
Vegetable oil – 1 tablespoon
Water – 1 liter
Harvesting Chinese cabbage in Korean at home
1. Cut the fork in half, cut out the stalk.
2. Cut 1 kilogram of Chinese cabbage leaves into strips 1 centimeter wide and put in a deep bowl.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of salt and sugar to the cabbage, mix and lightly rub with your hands.
4. Cover the cabbage with a plate, press down with oppression. Let it brew for 12 hours.
5. In a small bowl, pour a quarter tablespoon of salt and 1 tablespoon with a top of red ground pepper.
6. Add 1 tablespoon of boiling water, 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, mix.
7. Finely chop the garlic and add to the pepper paste, mix.
8. Rinse the cabbage that has been in the brine for 12 hours: pour 1 liter of water into a bowl with cabbage, mix and drain the water.
9. Add the garlic and pepper paste to the cabbage bowl. Mix the cabbage with your hands, make sure that the spicy paste is evenly distributed. Rubber gloves must be used.
10. Place a bowl of cabbage in a plastic bag and let stand for 4 hours.
11. Stir the cabbage again and let stand for another 4 hours.
12. Arrange the snack in jars and put in the refrigerator.
Korean-style spicy Beijing cabbage is ready. It can be stored for the winter if sterilized jars are used. The dish can be served immediately, but after 2-3 days the taste of cabbage will become more saturated and balanced.
– Korean cabbage is a very spicy appetizer, it is rather a seasoning for meat or vegetable dishes, a spicy addition to various salads. Traditionally, Korean-style cabbage is served with crumbly boiled rice .
To shred means to cut cabbage into thin strips with a knife.
– In Korean, you can even cook cauliflower: before use, disassemble the head of cauliflower into inflorescences, which are previously recommended to be boiled for 2 minutes in boiling water.
— In Korea, they use cabbage of the local variety Kim-chi, which is very similar in structure and properties to Beijing cabbage. The spicy snack is also called “Kim-chi”, which means “salted vegetables”. Since Beijing cabbage is very soft (like a salad), it is recommended to use young cabbages with soft leaves when harvesting white cabbage in Korean style.
– There are more than 100 recipes for Korean cabbage, differing in the set of ingredients, the time spent in the marinade, and the method of preparation.
– In the set of spices used for Korean cabbage, you can add whole or ground coriander seeds, chopped ginger, chopped fresh dill, parsley, basil and cilantro.
– Korean cabbage is popular, which is cooked with the addition of raw beets, grated on a coarse grater.
– Ground hot pepper can be replaced with fresh chili pepper. You need to cut the pod in half, remove the seed box and cut each half into thin strips. Mix with shredded cabbage.
– Table vinegar can be replaced with apple cider vinegar. At the same time, increase the rate of pouring vinegar by about 2 times.