Boil rice for 12 minutes over high heat, then 6 minutes over low heat. After cooking, hold the rice for 5 minutes in a tightly closed saucepan not on the stove.
How to cook Bomb Rice
You will need – 1 cup Bomba rice, 1 cup water
1. Pour rice bomb into a sieve, wash under cold water for several minutes, stirring the rice with your hands.
2. Pour water into a non-enamelled pan – the water should be twice as much as the prepared volume of rice: for a glass of rice bomb – a glass of water.
3. Pour half a teaspoon of salt, washed rice into the water in a saucepan, close the saucepan.
4. Place a saucepan with water and rice on a large fire, let it boil.
5. Keep the rice on high heat for 12 minutes, do not open the lid, do not interfere.
6. Reduce the heat to a quiet, cook for another 6 minutes – the finished rice bomb should increase in volume by two to three times, absorb water.
7. If the water has evaporated, and the rice has not yet been cooked, add boiling water, cook for 3-4 minutes.
8. Remove the pot with ready-made bomba rice from the stove, hold the rice in a saucepan under the lid for 5 minutes.
— The variety of rice “Bomba” is considered one of the most valuable varieties of rice. Such rice grows in the mountainous areas of Spain, while it really needs sunlight, it grows only at a height of 350 meters.
— Rice “Bomba” is considered one of the most expensive varieties of rice, because it requires special climatic conditions and special care. In addition, rice production increases in price as the grain ripens – for Bomba, this time is very long relative to other varieties of rice. Rice is a cult staple and each bag of Bomba is usually accompanied by an attached certificate of quality with a unique number.
– When cooked, rice “Bomb” increases by 2 times. A feature of cooking “Bombs” is that it is almost impossible to digest . The main thing is that the rice does not burn.
– For classic paella , only Bomba rice is used, but it is not washed for paella.
Paella recipe Products
Chicken – meaty parts with fat, 200 grams
Rabbit – meaty parts, 200 grams
Tomato – 1 large
Green sweet pepper – 1 large
Green beans (can be frozen) – 100 grams, the thinner the better
Garlic – 5-7 teeth
Rice “Bomb” – 200 grams
Red pepper paprika – 1 heaping spoon
Olive oil – 100 milliliters
Saffron (petals) – 1 heaping teaspoon
How to cook paella
1. Pour 2 tablespoons of oil into a frying pan, put on a quiet fire to warm up.
2. Wash chicken and rabbit, dry and chop into small pieces.
3. Put the chicken and rabbit meat in the pan and fry for 7 minutes with regular stirring.
4. While the meat is fried, peel a couple of garlic cloves.
5. Move the meat and lay out the garlic, fry for 3 minutes.
6. Put beans in a free corner and fry for another 3-4 minutes.
7. Put the fried garlic in a bowl, add 4 more cloves of whole peeled garlic, add saffron, chop with a mortar or garlic press.
8. Return the chopped garlic to the pan in a free corner, fry until golden brown.
9. Peel and finely chop the green pepper (the finer the better), put on the garlic and fry for 3 minutes.
10. Rub the tomato through a sieve, pour into the pan, add paprika and cook for 5-7 minutes to evaporate excess liquid.
11. Pour rice on top, mix the food.
12. Increase the heat and add boiling water – 2 fingers above the rice.
13. Cook the dish on high heat for 12 minutes, then another 6 minutes on medium (boiling should be moderate).
14. Salt the paella to taste, stir and cover tightly. Leave for 5-7 minutes to brew.