How to cook beef heart
1. Wash the beef heart and cut into pieces, put in a saucepan with cold water and put on high heat.
2. Wait until it boils, reduce the heat and cook for 10 minutes, skimming off the foam.
3. Drain the water – the broth is usually cloudy and has a strong smell. There should be no smell in the new water, you can fill it with cold water or, to save time, prepare boiling water.
4. Cook the heart pieces for another 40 minutes under the lid.
5. Salt and add peppercorns.
6. Cook for another 10 minutes.
Pieces of the heart are cooked, use them in dishes.
Slicing the heart before boiling is a great way to speed up the cooking process for later addition to salads and hot dishes. But if you need a heart to serve as a cut on bread, then it is better to boil the whole heart. The fatty layer, which is quite tough to remove from a raw heart, is almost completely boiled soft – in any case, it is easiest to remove it at the end of cooking. Keep in mind that pieces of the heart in the air instantly wind up, so you need to store them in a decoction. The total shelf life in the refrigerator is 3 days.