Cook barley in bags without soaking for 50 minutes .
How to cook barley in bags
Barley – 1 sachet (Uvelka or any other)
Water – 1.5 liters
Butter – 1 tablespoon
Salt – 4 pinches
How to cook
- Pour one and a half liters of water into the pan, cover with a lid and bring to a boil.
- After boiling, put a bag of cereal in water and salt.
- Turn down the fire.
- Cook over moderate heat for 40-50 minutes without a lid.
- Using a fork, transfer the bag of cereal to a sieve or colander and allow excess water to drain.
- Cut open the bag and put the cereal on a plate.
- Add butter to barley.
It is convenient to cook barley in bags, if only because the cereal does not burn during the cooking process and there is no need to stir it all the time.
To save time, water can be boiled in a kettle in advance.
Barley is cooked about twice as long as other cereals, so if you have time to soak the cereal overnight in hot water, this will reduce the cooking time by 1.5-2 times.
While barley is being cooked, you can have time to make topping for it by frying onions, carrots, bell peppers or mushrooms.
After cooking, barley boils 5-6 times, so one sachet can be enough for 2-3 full meals.
Excellent pearl barley in bags is suitable for cooking pickle. To do this, boil one bag in a separate container for the first 20 – 30 minutes, and then open the bag and pour the cereal straight into the soup.
Barley is rich in phosphorus, the use of which prevents many diseases associated with bones.