The total cooking time for apple chutney is 1.5 hours. It takes 30 minutes to prepare the products, it takes 60 minutes to cook the chutney.
How to cook apple chutney
Apples – 1 kilogram
Fresh hot pepper (chili) – 1 piece
Lemon – 1/4 part
Vegetable oil – 2 tablespoons
Garlic – 4 cloves
Mustard seeds – 2 teaspoons
Sugar – 2 tablespoons
Salt – to taste
Nutmeg, cumin , curry, anise – to taste
1. Wash the apples, peel them, remove the core and cut each apple into 6-8 pieces, depending on the size of the apple.
2. Put the apple slices in a deep bowl, sprinkle with the juice of a quarter of a lemon, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of sugar and leave until the juice is released.
3. Prepare garam masala by heating 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a frying pan.
4. Add seasonings to the melted butter: nutmeg, cumin, curry, anise and any other seasonings to taste.
5. Simmer garam masala over medium heat for 2 minutes.
6. Peel 4 cloves of garlic, wash and pass through a garlic press.
7. Wash 1 chilli and finely chop.
How to make the chutney
1. Place the chopped chili, apples and garam masala into a hot heavy-walled saucepan.
2. Salt the mixture, add 4 tablespoons of water and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 50 minutes.
3. Put the chopped garlic into the chutney and simmer for another 10 minutes.
– Chutneys are Indian spices that enhance the taste of the main dish.
– A set of spices for chutney is called garam masala and it includes any combination of spicy spices: anise, ginger, dried basil, curry, turmeric, cumin, nutmeg and others.
– Chutney is similar in consistency to jam and is served with meat and poultry in small rosettes.
– Chutney can be made from fruits and vegetables, combining their acidity and sweetness.
– Chutney can be prepared for the winter. To do this, add 4 tablespoons of vinegar to them, with an acid content of at least 5%, mix and pour them over the jars prepared for seaming. Banks roll up.
– Calorie content of apple chutney – 237 kcal / 100 grams.