Cook adzuki after boiling for 45 minutes over low heat, covered with a lid, with a slight boil. Alternatively, you can soak the adzuki overnight in the refrigerator before simmering, and then simmer for 20 minutes. Adzuki in a double boiler cook for 1.5 hours.
How to cook adzuki
You will need – 1 cup adzuki, 3 cups water
1. Rinse adzuki and put in a saucepan.
2. Pour adzuki with water in a ratio of 1:3 – for 1 glass of adzuki 3 glasses of water.
3. Put the pan with adzuki on a quiet fire and cover with a lid.
4. Wait for the boil and cook adzuki for 45 minutes.
5. Drain water through a colander, adzuki is cooked.
How to cook adzuki in a steamer
1. Put the adzuki into the steamer container.
2. Pour water into the steamer pan.
3. Turn on the steamer in the operating mode.
4. Cook adzuki in a double boiler for 1.5 hours.
– Adzuki is an ancient type of bean, it became widespread in China in 1000 BC, from China it spread to Japan and Korea, and then to the whole world.
– Dark red adzuki is the most common , but white, black, and variegated adzuki beans also exist.
– Adzuki differs from ordinary beans in greater softness, it does not need to be soaked and it cooks rather quickly. Adzuki has a sweet taste and a nutty flavor.
– If adzuki is prepared for soft dishes, it is necessary to remove the husk from it.
– It is from adzuki beans that the Chinese delicacy anko is cooked .
– Caloric content of adzuki – 330 kcal / 100 grams.
– The cost of adzuki is from 200 rubles / 0.5 kilograms (on average in Moscow as of June 2020).
– Adzuki beans are very healthy . For vegetarian or fasting diets, adzuki practically replaces meat in terms of nutritional value. In China, adzuki is used to treat certain diseases of the genitourinary system. It is believed that with regular use of adzuki, dark bags under the eyes disappear.
– Store dry adzuki in a dry, dark place for up to 2 years.