Rinse raw (as in the picture) peanuts, put in a saucepan with salted water (2 tablespoons of salt) so that the water completely covers the peanuts – and leave for half an hour. Boiling peanuts will be correct to boil for 2 – 2.5 hours.
How to Boil Fresh Green Peanuts
1. Peel the peanuts in the shell from the remaining earth, leaves, weeds, wash thoroughly, do not remove the shell.
2. Put the peanuts in a large saucepan, clamp it on top with a plate, pour cold water so that it covers the peanuts by 5 centimeters, remove the plate.
3. Put salt in a saucepan with peanuts – a quarter cup per 10 kilograms of peanuts, spices to taste: paprika, garlic, chili pepper.
4. Place the pot with peanuts on a high heat, close the lid, wait for the boil.
5. Reduce the heat to medium, cook with the lid ajar for 2 hours.
6. Every 15 minutes, check that the water does not boil away, add hot water when it boils.
7. After 1.5 hours of cooking, remove a handful of peanuts with a slotted spoon and check readiness – the shell should be easily peeled off, and the peanuts should become tender and soft.
8. If necessary, add more salt to taste, continue cooking for 30 minutes.
9. Drain the water from the pan with the prepared peanuts, transfer the peanuts to a dish.
You can use a garden hose and a spray bottle to thoroughly clean the peanuts of dirt and debris. Put the peanuts in a large container, fill with water so that it completely covers the nuts, rinse them under strong water pressure – all debris and earth will float to the surface.
– Boiled peanuts – a way of harvesting fresh, not yet dried peanuts. The dish is common in rural areas of the southeastern United States, where peanuts are grown on large and small private plantations. Boiled peanuts can also be found in Nigeria, India, Vietnam, the Philippines, China, Indonesia, Australia.
– In Russian stores, you can buy two types of peanuts that are suitable for cooking. The first is fresh green peanuts. It is sold during the ripening period – from early summer to late autumn. The second is regular, unroasted peanuts. It can be bought all year round. But such peanuts are dehydrated, so before cooking, you need to soak in water for a day.
– Boiled peanuts should be stored in water in the refrigerator for no more than 2 – a maximum of 3 days. Dry peanuts are stored for 1-2 years.
– Before cooking, along with salt, spices can be added to the pan with peanuts: fresh or dry garlic will add flavor to peanuts, paprika and chili powder – sharpness.
Boiled peanuts can be served shelled or in shell. It is delicious warm and cold. Leftover in-shell peanuts can be put into bags and frozen. Before serving frozen peanuts, thaw them in the microwave.
– Roasted peanuts can be used as bait for fishing – its aroma attracts fish, especially carps. Nuts need to be chopped into small pieces and put on a hair rig.