To prepare a brothel, you will have to stock up on time – it will take 1.5 hours to prepare the broth, and it will take from 40 minutes to 1 hour for the subsequent boiling of the sauce, depending on the amount of moisture in the broth.
How to cook brothel
Beef – 150 grams
Red wine (dry), preferably Bordeaux – 300 milliliters
Shallots – 2 heads Onion
– 1 head
Carrots – 1 piece
Thyme – 50 grams
Black peppercorns – 10 pieces
Bay leaf – 1 piece
Butter – 2 tablespoons
Water – 600 milliliters
Preparation of the sauce
1. Place the washed meat in a pot of water.
2. Peel carrots and onions, put in a saucepan.
3. Until the moment of boiling, monitor the foam, removing it, after boiling, put a bay leaf.
4. Boil the broth over low heat for an hour and a half and then strain.
5. Chop shallots.
6. Pour the wine into a saucepan, add thyme, shallots, peppercorns and boil over low heat for 20 minutes.
8. Strain the wine from the spices, mix with the broth and cook further over low heat until it thickens slightly.
9. Add butter in small portions to the sauce while it boils.
10. As soon as the oil dissolves in the sauce, turn off the heat.
Ready Bordeaux sauce served cold.
– Bordeaux sauce goes well with meat, especially beef entrecote and roast pork. Bordeaux can be served with rice or potatoes.
– The name bordeaux (fr. Bordelaise) comes from the variety of Bordeaux wine (fr. Bordeaux), with which the sauce was most often prepared. France’s Bordeaux region is also famous for its winemaking.
– Bordeleuse is also an old French measure of wine, equal to 228 liters.