Cook currant compote for 20 minutes .
How to cook redcurrant compote
Products for cooking currant compote
Red currant – 1 kilogram
Water – half a liter
Sugar – 250 grams
Ginger, cloves, cinnamon – to taste
How to cook red currant compote
1. Rinse currants, select ripe hard berries for compote.
2. Pour water into a saucepan and put on fire.
3. Add sugar, bring to a boil, stirring and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Put the currants in clean jars, pour over the syrup and cover with lids.
5. Put the jars in an oven preheated to 120 degrees and “bake” the compote for 20 minutes.
Cool the compote directly in the oven, then put it away for storage.
Redcurrant compote in a multicooker
of products for a multicooker must be taken half as much as
1. Pour boiling water into the multicooker container, add sugar.
2. Add red currants, mix.
3. Cook the compote for 1 hour in the “Extinguishing” mode, then, without opening the multicooker, leave the compote for 2-6 hours.
– For compote, you can use berries along with leaves, this will greatly save processing time.
– Use only whole dense berries to make the compote transparent. Damaged berries will release the pulp into the compote and make it cloudy.
– To save space, you can increase the concentration of berries: fill the jars completely with currants, and after opening the jar, dilute the concentrated compote with water.
– Currants in compote go well with other berries and fruits: gooseberries, strawberries, viches, grapes.
How to cook redcurrant and apple compote
Proportions of compote from apples and currants
Red currants – half a kilo
Water – 1.5 liters
Apples – 1 kilogram
Sugar – 700-750 grams
How to cook compote from red currants and apples
1. Sort out red currants, clean from garden debris and wash.
2. Wash the apples, remove the seed box and stalk, cut into slices.
3. Put the apples in a saucepan, pour currants on top of the apples, cover everything together with sugar.
4. Cover the pot with apples and red currants, and leave for 5 hours.
5. Pour water into a saucepan, put on fire, add sugar, dissolve sugar in water and cook the syrup after boiling for 10 minutes.
6. Put red currants and apples into the syrup, cover and leave for 10 hours.
7. Put the pot with compote on the fire, boil and pour into sterilized jars to the top.
8. Twist jars with compote, cool and put away for storage.
How easy it is to cook currant compote
Berries – 1 liter
Water – 1 liter
Sugar – 200 grams (if the currant is sour, then 300 grams)
Mint leaves, oregano and tarragon (optional) – to taste
How to cook currant compote
1. Rinse the berries, put them in a saucepan.
2. Pour boiling water over the berries, shake slightly so that the boiling water comes into contact with all the berries, leave for 2 minutes.
3. Catch the berries with a skimmer from boiling water, put in a jar.
4. Return the pan to the fire, add seasoning leaves, sugar, if desired, boil.
5. Boil the syrup for 2 minutes, pour the jar up to the neck and loosely cover with a lid.
6. Wait 10 minutes until the berry absorbs the syrup.
7. Drain the syrup, boil again, adding 100 milliliters of water, and pour the jar with boiling syrup again to the highest level.
8. Roll up compote, cool and put away for storage.