Before cooking, remove the film from the liver, soak in milk or water for 30-40 minutes so that it does not taste bitter. Cook beef liver after boiling for 40 minutes , adding spices. Add salt at the end of cooking.
Boil the beef liver in a pressure cooker for 10 minutes .
How to cook beef liver
Products Beef liver – 650-900 grams Milk (water) – 300 milliliters Pepper – to taste Salt – to taste How to prepare the liver for cooking
- The liver is covered with a film, very dense and elastic, like polyethylene. This film must be removed so that the liver is softer and definitely not bitter. For ease of cleaning, you can slightly soften the film – put the liver in a saucepan with warm (60-70 degrees) water for 3 minutes.
- Pry off the film with your fingers and remove it from all parts of the liver, if necessary, helping with a knife.
- If large veins are visible on sections of the liver, they must be cut out – cut the liver into several pieces and “uproot” the veins with a knife, similar to how potato “eyes” are cut out.
- Soak the liver in milk or water for 30-40 minutes.
- Dip the liver into a saucepan with boiled water (if necessary, cut it into pieces quickly), watch the foam for the first few minutes.
Cook whole beef liver, in pieces – 20 minutes , add salt at the end of cooking.
Pierce the liver with a knife to check readiness: if within a few seconds no pinkish juice has formed at the puncture site and the knife passes easily, then the liver is cooked.
- Store boiled liver until serving in the broth in which it was cooked. As we can see, the liver has boiled down from the original 630 to 384 grams.
How to cook beef liver in a double boiler Clean and soak the liver, chop coarsely, spread evenly in the double boiler container, pour water into a special reservoir. Turn on the double boiler, cook for 40 minutes (chopped – 20 minutes). How to cook beef liver in a multicooker Wash the liver, peel, soak in water or milk, put in a multicooker pan, cooking time after boiling water is 40 minutes. How to cook beef liver in a pressure cooker Set the pressure cooker for 10 minutes, put the soaked liver in a whole piece, after cooking, wait for the pressure to drop, salt the water and insist the liver in it. How to cook beef liver for a child for children over 10 months1. The liver is served to children only in boiled form with a minimum addition of salt, cook for 10 minutes longer. 2. Grind the boiled liver before serving with a blender or meat grinder to a puree consistency, you can additionally mix it with mashed boiled vegetables.
– Due to its beneficial properties , beef liver is often used to treat anemia or remove cholesterol from the body. The use of beef liver promotes wound healing. It is recommended for pregnant women for the beneficial development of the fetus. Beef liver contains carbohydrates, fats and proteins at the same time, so it is optimal for diets . – High- quality fresh liver – dark red, without any damage with a smooth smooth surface and a pleasant smell. – The minus of improper cooking of the liver is that it is bitter . Soaking in milk will solve this problem and give the product softness. If you cook the liver with the addition of cream or sour cream, then pre-soaking is not required. – Frozen beef livercan be stored for up to six months, and boiled can be stored for no longer than two days in the refrigerator in an airtight container. – Caloric content of boiled liver – 100 kcal / 100 grams. — Average cost of a liver— from 240 rubles/kilogram (on average in Moscow as of May 2016). – It is necessary to salt the liver at the end of cooking so that it does not become hard. – In order to accurately distinguish beef liver from pork, know: pork liver has a net granularity on its surface. The surface of the beef liver is thin and smooth, shiny due to the film. Even when cutting the liver, pay attention to the bile ducts: they can only be in beef liver, they are not in pork. – When choosing a beef liver, pay attention to the color: high-quality liver is only dark red or dark brown. It is not recommended to buy light, pale and yellow liver. – If the finished liver is bitter, there are 2 options: 1) stew the liver with vegetables (onions, carrots) and adding sugar; 2) mix sour cream and tomato ketchup (preferably sweet), stew in this sauce.
How to make boiled liver pate
Products Fresh beef liver – half a kilo Onions – 1 head Carrots – 1 piece Milk – 3 tablespoons per pate and half a glass for soaking the liver Butter – a cube with a side of 3 centimeters Bacon (salted lard) – 55 grams How to make a pate1. Peel and grate the carrots on a coarse grater, finely chop the onion. 2. Peel the liver from the film, wash, cut into cubes with a side of 3-4 centimeters, put in a bowl and pour milk. 3. Keep the liver in milk for 40 minutes. 4. Drain the milk, pour the liver with boiling water and put on fire, cook the beef liver for 20 minutes after boiling. 5. Fry the vegetables with the addition of 1 tablespoon of water, add the boiled liver, fry for 15-20 minutes until tender. Alternatively, in the recipe, you can add raw liver to vegetables, then simmer the liver with vegetables for 30 minutes. 6. Pass the resulting mixture through a meat grinder twice, add butter and milk. 7. Mix well, you can form a pate in any shape (usually a ball), cool by wrapping with cling film, and serve with pleasure.
How to stew beef liver in sour cream
Products Beef liver – 0.5 kilograms Sour cream – 200 milliliters Onion – 1 small onion Carrots – 1 small Dill, parsley, salt and pepper – to taste How to make a liver in sour cream 1. Cut the beef liver into strips. 2. Heat the frying pan, pour sunflower oil on the bottom (so that the entire bottom is covered with oil), put in a frying pan and pour water 1 centimeter above the level of the liver. 3. Cook beef liver for 10 minutes, transfer the liver with broth to a saucepan. 4. Peel the onion, chop finely and fry in butter. 5. Peel and grate the carrots on a fine grater. 6. Add onions, carrots, spices and sour cream to the liver. 7. Simmer for 20 minutes, add greens and mix, simmer for another 10 minutes.
Salad with boiled liver
Products for 2 servings Boiled beef liver – 250 grams Arugula – 30 grams Red onion – half of the head Cucumber – 1 piece Tomato – 1 piece Vegetable (olive, sunflower or corn) oil – 20 grams Salt and black pepper – to taste How to cook a salad with beef liver Cook beef liver, cut into thin shavings. Cut the cucumber into strips, chop the arugula. Onion cut into thin half rings. Cut the tomato into cubes. Put the products in a bowl, salt and pepper, season with oil and mix.