Boil beetroot salad for 3 hours. In a slow cooker, cook the beetroot salad for 3 hours on the “Stew” mode.
Beet salad for the winter
Products (output about 3 liters)
Beetroot mid-ripening varieties – 2.5 kilograms
Tomatoes – 1 kilogram
Carrots – 300 grams
Bulgarian pepper (exclusively orange or red) – 300 grams
Onions – 300 grams
Vegetable oil – 300 milliliters
Garlic – 100 grams
Black pepper (peas or coarsely ground) – 0.5 teaspoon
Sugar – 0.5 cups
Rock salt – 70 grams
Table vinegar 9% – 150 milliliters
How to cook beetroot salad in jars
1. Peel the beets and carrots, pass through an electric meat grinder or rub through a coarse grater.
2. Wash the tomatoes, chop in an electric meat grinder or in the bowl of a food processor.
3. Wash and remove the seeds from the bell pepper, peel the onion from the husk and also chop.
4. Put the vegetables in a saucepan and put on fire.
5. Pour in vinegar and oil, add sugar and salt.
6. Bring the salad to a boil, then simmer over low heat for 1.5 hours.
7. Peel the garlic and rub it on a fine grater (you can use a special garlic press or a blender).
8. Add garlic to the pan and cook for another 30 minutes.
9. Arrange in jars processed with steam, cork while hot.
– Select for harvesting medium beets with rich burgundy flesh without white streaks. Such beets will turn out juicy in a salad and will not lose their texture during harvesting.
– Chopped onions and carrots can be fried until golden brown before cooking the salad. You can do this right at the bottom of the pot (or in the multicooker bowl in the “Frying” mode), with a little oil and adding a teaspoon of turmeric.
– It is recommended to serve beetroot salad as an appetizer, having previously mixed sour cream, mayonnaise or mayonnaise-based sauce. You can add pickles, olives, pickled peppers , fresh herbs and chopped garlic to the salad. Also, this salad can be served on sandwiches.
– Beetroot salad can be used as a dressing for borscht .
– Beetroot salad can be prepared without vinegar, but then you need to add sour apples (0.5 kilograms of apples per 1 kilogram of beets).
– When cooking salad, you can add spices: cloves, black pepper, bay leaf. Additionally, from the ingredients, you can add 2-3 bell peppers or a pound of cabbage for every kilogram of beets.