Salt tomatoes for 2 weeks. The total time in the kitchen when preparing salted tomatoes is 1 hour.
How to salt tomatoes
Tomatoes are not large – 5 kilograms
Water – 5 liters
Salt – 300 grams
Sugar – 150 grams
Dill – 100 grams
Horseradish root – 25 grams Horseradish
leaves – 50 grams
Black currant leaves – 50 grams
Garlic – 15 grams
Red hot pepper – 10 grams
How to salt the tomatoes
1. Wash and dry the tomatoes and greens, cut the greens from the roots.
2. Cut off the stalks from the tomatoes, prick them 2-3 times with a needle through and through.
3. Put greens and seasonings (except horseradish) on the bottom of the jars, put tomatoes on top, cover with horseradish leaves.
4. Boil the brine for pickling tomatoes: pour water into a saucepan and put on fire, add salt and sugar, boil. 5. While the brine is boiling, sterilize the jars. 6. Cool the brine for 10 minutes and pour it into hot sterilized jars.
7. Loosely cover jars of tomatoes with lids, keep at room temperature for 3 days.
8. Tighten the lids tightly and put the tomatoes in a dark, cool place.
– The amount of salt when salting tomatoes should be calculated depending on the ripeness of the tomatoes: salt more green tomatoes, take not 50, but 70 grams of salt for each liter of brine.
– Banks with tomatoes until the moment when they need to be cleaned in the cold should be kept in a container, because. when insisting , the fermentation process will begin and there will be more liquid.
The tomatoes will be completely salted in a week.
– Tomatoes should be stored in the cold or at room temperature in a dark place, but then when spinning the cans, add a little vodka (50 milliliters of vodka per 3-liter jar) and mustard powder (1 tablespoon per jar). Properly harvested tomatoes will keep for up to 2 years. Store an open jar in the refrigerator for 1 week.
– When salting tomatoes, you can add spices – bay leaf, horseradish root, pepper pod, mustard seeds, cherry or currant leaves, celery, tarragon.
– When pickling large tomatoes, you can stuff them with garlic – for this you need to insert 1 garlic clove into the stalks.
– Tomatoes for pickling are better to select dense and ripe, large . Then they can even be cut in half to save space in the bank.
– Tomatoes must be completely covered with brine to prevent mold.
– In addition to cans, you can use a pot or a bucket as a container for salted tomatoes – then you should cover the tomatoes with gauze, put a load on top and rinse the gauze from time to time. However, this method is good only for a short time, because. Tomatoes will begin to deteriorate in a week or two.