Cook zucchini compote for the winter in a saucepan and slow cooker for 10 minutes . In total, it will take 1 hour to prepare the compote.
for 6 liters of compote
Zucchini – 1.5 kilograms
Sugar – 500-700 grams to taste
Water – 2.5 liters
Six percent apple cider vinegar – 1 teaspoon, can be replaced with 1 lemon
Dried cloves – 2 buds
Mint – 2 leaves
1. Rinse the zucchini, remove the rough skin, cut in half and cut out the coarse seeds (if young zucchini with tender skin and soft seeds are used, then they should not be peeled).
2. Cut both halves of the zucchini into transverse half rings 2 cm thick.
Cooking in a saucepan
1. Place the zucchini in a saucepan and cover with water.
2. Put the pan on medium heat, boil water.
3. After boiling, add sugar, reduce heat, and cook compote for 10 minutes.
4. Pour in cloves, put mint, pour in vinegar; turn off the fire under the pan with compote.
Cooking in a multicooker
1. Place zucchini in a multicooker container, pour water over it.
2. Set the multicooker to the “Baking” mode, cook until boiling with the multicooker lid open.
3. After boiling, add and stir sugar, cook for 10 minutes.
4. Pour in cloves, pour in vinegar; turn off the multicooker.
After cooking, pour the zucchini compote into hot sterilized jars and store.
– Most of all, young fruits are suitable for compote from zucchini, they are the most juicy and, therefore, they will give more taste to the compote.
– Zucchini compote has a pineapple flavor, and to enhance this similarity, you can pour in pineapple juice instead of half the water. The addition of sea buckthorn or cherry plum will also enhance the similarity of squash compote with pineapple. Or you can use diluted dry pineapple juice.
– To taste, you can add oranges, sea buckthorn or lemon when cooking squash compote.
– The cost of products for cooking 3 liters of zucchini compote in the 2020 season (from July to early September) is about 70 rubles. (as of July 2020).
– Properly prepared zucchini compote will be stored for 1 year.