To prepare the stew, you must first fry the meat for 15 minutes, and then stew it with vegetables in the sauce for about 1 hour.
How to stew stew with veal
Boneless veal or very good beef – half a kilo
Potatoes – 5 pieces of medium size
Carrots – 1 piece
Onions – 1 large head
Celery root – 50 grams
Butter – 50 grams cube
Flour – 1 heaping tablespoon
Milk – 0.5 liters
Water or broth – 0.5 liters
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Ground black pepper – 1 teaspoon
Parsley – 1 small bunch
How to cook stew with veal
1. Rinse the veal, dry lightly with a napkin and put on a cutting board.
2. Cut the veal into cubes with a side of 3 centimeters.
3. Peel onions and carrots, chop carrots into circles 1 cm thick, onions into rings.
4. Peel the celery root and cut into cubes with a side of 1 centimeter.
5. Heat a deep, thick-bottomed skillet over medium heat for 1.5 minutes.
6. Put onions, carrots and celery in the pan, salt.
7. Put the veal, fry it for 5 minutes.
8. Pour veal with water or broth (1.5 liters) and cook for 1 hour.
9. Put the butter in a saucepan and melt it over the quietest fire until it becomes liquid.
10. Gradually stirring, slowly pour in 1 heaping tablespoon of flour.
11. Fry the flour until a beige color, then pour in the milk in a thin stream and stir constantly, cook for 1-2 minutes until boiling.
12. Add ground black pepper to the bechamel.
13. Pour the bechamel sauce over the stew, mix and simmer for another 5 minutes.
14. Wash parsley, dry and finely chop.
15. Serve the veal stew sprinkled with parsley.
– The word “stew” comes from the French “ragouter”, meaning “to excite the appetite”, “taste”.
– For stews, young boneless meat is used – chicken or veal meat.
– The most famous sets of products (basic) for making stews:
1) potatoes, meat, onions, carrots (as in our recipe);
2) instead of half of the required potatoes put shredded cabbage;
3) instead of half of the required potatoes, grated pumpkin is placed;
4) instead of half the required potatoes, put 1 zucchini and a tomato;
5) add 200 grams of champignons, 1 tablespoon of tomato paste and 1 tablespoon of soy sauce to the standard set.
6) Finnish stew .
8) fricassee .
9) Irish stew .
– Meat stew is a dense brew, usually with a hearty sauce. And the meat in the stew is healthier, because it is stewed for a long time and cannot turn out with blood or with a crust.
– Spices for stew – garlic, cumin, cilantro, sage, lemon balm, turmeric, coriander.