Consomme cook for about 3.5 hours.
How to cook consommé
Beef bones – 1.5 kilograms
Ground beef – 150 grams
Eggs – 2 proteins
Onions – 2 heads
Celery – 2 petioles
Carrots – 1 piece
Black peppercorns – 1 teaspoon (on the side)
Salt – 1 tablespoon
Ice – 100 grams (chopped)
Water – 6 liters (double filling)
1. Wash one carrot and two celery stalks. Cut into 3 parts.
2. Peel two onions, cut each in half.
3. Place one and a half kilograms of washed beef bones in a saucepan with three liters of water.
4. Stop heating when the water boils. Drain the water, rinse the bones under the tap, wash the pan.
5. Return the bones to the pan, pour 3 liters of water. Cook for 2.5 hours. The fire is very small, the broth should languish.
6. Put onions, carrots, celery, a teaspoon of peppercorns and a tablespoon of salt into the broth. Cook for 30 minutes.
7. Strain the broth.
How to make consommé
1. Beat two egg whites, then stir in 150 grams of ground beef and 100 grams of ice.
2. Add minced meat with proteins to a saucepan with strained broth, put the saucepan on fire.
3. Cook for 15 minutes. Then strain the broth through a fine sieve – the consommé is ready.
1. Consomme is a rich, absolutely transparent broth made from beef or chicken. A dish of French cuisine that became very popular in Russia at the beginning of the 19th century.
2. Recipe for double consommé: pieces of meat are placed in the boiled broth (for this recipe, about 750 grams) and boiled until cooked, then the broth is cleaned of small fragments of animal protein with minced meat and beaten egg white.
3. Carefully strain the broth at the final stage of cooking will help a piece of gauze folded several times, which is recommended to be put in a sieve.
4. Consommé is served with pies (predominantly meat filling). You can add consomme with boiled mushrooms or vegetables – they are poured with broth directly on the table.