Grill kebab for 5 minutes on each side.
How to cook lula kebab
Lamb – 1 kilogram
Kidney fat (can be replaced with bacon) – 300 grams
Onion – 1 head
Water – 1 glass
Bread – half a sliced loaf
Ghee – 4 tablespoons
Salt – 1 teaspoon
How to fry kebab on the grill
1. Separate by 100 grams of minced meat for each skewer.
2. So that the minced meat does not stick too much to your hands, pour hot water into a bowl and constantly moisten your hands with it.
3. Take minced meat in your hand, about 100 grams, knead it well in your hands, you can slap it on the table several times for the best kneading.
4. Fashion a kebab from minced meat, 5-7 centimeters long, with a surface without bumps and cracks.
5. Thread the kebab into the kebab on a skewer.
6. Constantly turning the skewer with one hand, distribute the minced meat evenly over it.
7. Press the minced meat tightly all over the skewer, there should be no voids inside where the juice from the meat can collect, otherwise its vapors can tear the kebab during frying.
8. Fry the lula kebab, constantly rotating the skewer, until you get a uniform and beautiful crust, on strong coals, the frying time will be 3-5 minutes.
How to fry kebab in a frying pan
1. Wash and dry lamb, finely chop.
2. Finely chop the kidney fat.
3. Peel, chop and finely chop the onion.
4. Mix lamb with fat, add pepper, onion, salt, and mix vigorously.
5. Cover the minced meat and refrigerate for 2.5 hours.
6. Bread crumble, pour water, mash in water and squeeze well.
7. Grind minced meat with bread using a meat grinder.
8. Pour 1 glass of water into the minced meat for kebab and mix.
9. Moisten the work surface with water, take a piece of minced meat in your hand and beat it off several times.
10. Form sausages from minced meat with a thickness of 2.5-3 centimeters and a length of 10-12 centimeters.
11. Heat up the frying pan, pour vegetable oil, put the sausages.
12. Fry the sausages on each side for 5 minutes.
How to fry a lula kebab in a slow cooker
1. On small wooden skewers, form elongated, moderately plump sausages from prepared and chilled minced meat.
2. In a slow cooker, lightly grease the bowl with vegetable oil.
3. Put the lula kebab into the bowl.
4. Turn on the “Multi-Cook” program.
5. Set the temperature in the multicooker to 120 °.
6. Fry the lula kebab for 5 minutes on both sides.
7. On the same program, continue to cook the lula for another 20 minutes.
8. Serve with chopped greens and onion pickled in half rings.
– Lula kebab is made from lamb, but veal or pork is allowed. The main secret is not to freeze the meat. It is recommended to chop fresh meat with two hatchets until fine minced meat is formed. If the hatchets are periodically dipped in boiling water, the fat will not stick to them during chopping and will not interfere with the quick processing of meat.
– Standard proportions of products for kebab – 80% minced meat 20% fat. Onions should be taken a maximum of a third of the amount of meat. An important condition is that the onion for cooking kebab must be simply finely chopped. If you use a blender, the abundance of the resulting juice will not allow the kebab to stick firmly on the skewer. Of the spices for kebab, coriander, cumin and black pepper are ideal. A large amount of greenery would also be appropriate.
– The size of sausages – no more than 4 centimeters thick for quick frying and preserving the juice inside. With excessively fatty minced meat, an excellent option for frying kebab kebab on the grill will be a double sheet of foil with small depressions squeezed in to drain fat. In these recesses, the collected fat will boil, making the lula extraordinarily fragrant and juicy.
– The recipe for minced kebab differs from the recipe for minced meat in that the minced meat for kebab does not include chicken eggs and flour (1 tablespoon of flour is added only as a last resort if the minced meat falls apart). In addition, the minced meat for kebab is scrolled through a meat grinder or chopped until a tender silky minced meat is obtained, almost like for sausages.
– So that the kebab does not fall apart when frying, you must:
1. Scroll the minced meat until an absolutely uniform consistency is obtained.
2. Use only fresh meat for minced meat.
3. Beat the minced meat on a table or board.
– Serve kebab with fresh green onions, dill, pita bread, Narsharab sauce, fresh vegetables and pickles.
– To make a kebab ideally shaped, you can use polyethylene, a knife or a meat grinder with a special nozzle for this.
– Kidney fat in the preparation of kebab can be replaced with the same amount of fat.
– To give the kebab a special charm, you can add 1 tablespoon of wine vinegar to the minced meat.
– Lula kebabs are usually prepared for immediate consumption (like barbecue), but in the refrigerator for a day, as a last resort, they can keep their taste.