Soup zhur cook for 60 minutes. In advance, for a day, you need to soak oatmeal.
How to cook jur soup
Meat broth (beef) – 2 cups
Oatmeal – 150 grams
Onions – 1 small head
Ham (boiled and smoked) – 100 grams
Chicken eggs – 1 piece
Potato – 1 tuber
Carrot – 1 piece
Butter – 1 tablespoon
Garlic – 2 cloves
Salt – to taste
Pepper – 3 peas
How to cook zhur soup
1. Sift oatmeal through a sieve, pour into a liter jar, pour a liter of cold water, leave in a warm place; in a day the chain will be ready.
2. Peel onions and carrots, chop into strips 0.5 cm thick.
3. Pour the meat broth into a saucepan, place over medium heat, wait for it to boil.
4. Put onions and carrots in the broth, cook after boiling for 10 minutes.
5. Cut the ham into squares 2 cm thick.
6. Put butter in a frying pan, put on medium heat, melt.
7. Fry the ham in butter for 5 minutes.
8. Wash and peel the potatoes.
9. Pour 1.5 liters of water into a separate pan, put the potatoes, cook for 20-30 minutes after boiling – the potatoes should become soft.
10. Mash boiled potatoes.
11. Strain the filter, discard the thick.
12. Put ham, potatoes, salt, pepper into a saucepan with broth, pour in the zest, cook over medium heat for 7 minutes.
13. Pour 700 milliliters of water into a saucepan, place on a strong fire, wait for it to boil, lower the eggs and cook for 10 minutes.
14. Peel boiled eggs, cut in half.
15. Peel the garlic, pass through a garlic press.
16. Put garlic and egg halves into bowls of soup.
Soup zhur is a soup made from oatmeal or rye flour, a national Polish and Belarusian dish. The recipe has been known since the time of Prince Vladimir Monomakh.
– The basis of zhur soup is tsezha – a liquid filtered solution of oatmeal or rye flour, in which fermentation has begun. According to the traditional soup recipe, tsezhu is mixed with broth, water or milk and vegetables cooked separately are added.
– Potatoes are necessarily added to the jur soup. You can use other vegetables, mushrooms, boiled egg, dumplings, sour cream, spices, butter.