Soak venison before cooking for 12 hours, then cook for 1.5 hours.
How to cook venison
1. Wash the deer meat well.
2. Put the venison in a large saucepan, pour a weak saline solution (1 tablespoon per 1 liter of water) or water with a small amount of grape vinegar (2 tablespoons per 1 liter) added so that the liquid completely covers the meat.
3. Soak venison for at least 12 hours, changing the soaking solution once every 4 hours.
4. Grate the soaked venison with salt, pepper, spices to taste, crushed garlic, sprinkle with lemon juice, leave for another 5 hours.
5. Transfer the venison to a saucepan, pour water – it should completely cover the venison.
6. Place the pot with venison over medium heat, let it boil, cook a piece of 1 kilogram for 1.5 hours, periodically removing the foam.
– It is believed that the softness of venison (sukhatin) depends on the sex of the animal – the female meat is more tender.
– The meat of wild animals, including deer, has a specific taste of needles , which cannot be completely removed, but can be drowned out with spices.
– If venison is pre-marinated , then the specific smell will decrease, and the meat will become more tender. It is good to marinate venison in acidic solutions: lingonberry sauce, lemon juice, vinegar, any Japanese marinade with soy sauce. In the marinade, you can put bay leaves, thyme, black, red pepper, and other fragrant herbs that will kill the smell of game.
– If a deer is slaughtered by a hunter during the rut, then this meat is not suitable for consumption. When cooking such meat, a lot of foam and an unusual unpleasant odor will be released – such meat should not be eaten.