Fillet weighing 500 grams cook for 30 minutes.
How to cook turkey thigh fillet
Turkey thigh fillet – 500 grams
Onion – 1 piece
Parsley root – 1 piece
Dry thyme – a pinch
Salt – 1 teaspoon
1. Pour boiling water over a piece of turkey thigh fillet (so the meat will retain juiciness).
2. Peel and chop the parsley root and onion.
3. Place the fillet in a saucepan (as an option – cut into portions) and pour boiling water so that the piece is completely hidden under it.
4. Add the onion, parsley root, thyme and salt to the pot.
5. Cook for 30 minutes, if the thigh fillet is cooked in portions, then reduce the time to 20 minutes. During cooking, do not close the pan tightly, leave a small gap for steam to escape.
6. Allow the finished meat to cool in the broth – this way it will absorb the aromas of herbs and roots and its taste will become more refined and thinner.
Thigh fillet – moderately high-calorie and very soft meat, in many cases more tender than breast fillet .
Fragrant roots complement the taste of meat and give it a unique aroma. Parsley root is successfully replaced with celery. Not only thyme (you can take fresh herbs, but it is better to put it in the broth not at the beginning, but ten minutes before the end of cooking) goes well with turkey, but also rosemary.
It is logical to serve boiled turkey thigh fillet with tomatoes, as well as young cabbage salad. In addition, the product advantageously complements warm salads and casseroles.
An excellent sauce comes out of the broth left after boiling the turkey fillet, you just need to thicken it with flour, dried in a dry frying pan until golden brown. Or you can cook rice directly in this broth.
Boiled turkey thigh fillet meat will become a gourmet dish if it is smeared with sour cream and placed in an oven preheated to 200 degrees for 12 minutes.
A dish made from frozen turkey thigh fillet will not yield to the taste made from chilled raw materials if you let the piece thaw on the top shelf of the refrigerator (usually it takes 4 hours).