Cook white steamed rice for 12 minutes – 15 minutes , and brown rice in bags – 20 minutes – 25 minutes .
How to cook rice in bags
You will need – a bag of rice, water
1. Take a bag of rice, check if its integrity is broken.
2. Put the bag in the pan and roughly estimate the amount of water – you will need twice as much water as the height of the rice bag so that the rice is completely covered in water during cooking.
3. Bring the water to a boil, put the bag (or bags) of rice.
4. Salt the water so that the boiled rice from the bag can be served immediately.
5. Cover the pan with a lid and cook the rice for 20-25 minutes with low boiling, watching the amount of water during cooking.
6. At the end of cooking, pick up a bag of rice by the loop with a fork and transfer it to a colander to drain the water (there will be a little).
7. As soon as the bag cools slightly, carefully supporting it, cut the bag and turn it over, putting the rice from the bag on a plate.
8. Rice from the bag is ready – add oils and serve, or use as directed.
– To cook rice in bags in a microwave oven, its power must be at least 800 watts – with less power, the rice will not boil through to the end, it will be dry, hard. To cook rice in a 600 watt microwave, increase the cooking time by 5 minutes. Rice in a bag after cooking does not need to be washed, since it has already been processed in production in such a way that it is crumbly after cooking. Rice in a bag is a convenient to prepare, but rather expensive product: for 5 bags with a total weight of 400 grams, 70-80 rubles. (mistral, uvelka, fair). At the same time, 1 kilogram of plain rice costs 60-70 rubles. (all average prices in Moscow as of June 2019). Rice should absorb all the moisture during cooking, but when cooking rice in bags, much more water is used. There are special holes on the rice bags, thanks to which rice is saturated with moisture and at the same time does not lose nutritional value. Rice from a bag thanks to the bag and special processing of rice does not stick together and always turns out crumbly. However, if the storage conditions are violated and the rice is still stuck together, it is recommended to add oil and serve the rice with sauce.