Cook rainbow trout for 20 minutes .
How to cook rainbow trout
You will need – rainbow trout, water, salt, herbs and spices to taste
How to cook rainbow trout in a pan
1. Peel fresh rainbow trout from scales, remove entrails, gills, wash in cool water.
2. Divide the trout into several parts.
3. Put the trout in a saucepan, pour 2-3 liters of fresh cool water to cover the trout, close the lid, place on medium heat.
4. After boiling, reduce to a quiet fire, cook for 20 minutes under a covered lid.
5. Remove the boiled fish from the broth, cool slightly and carefully remove the thin upper skin with your hands, salt to taste.
How to cook rainbow trout in a slow cooker
1. Clean rainbow trout, gut, remove gills, wash in cool clean water.
2. Cut the rainbow trout into several equal parts, put in the multicooker bowl.
3. Pour 2-3 cups of fresh cold water into the multicooker bowl so that the trout is completely under water.
4. Close the bowl of the multicooker, turn it on for 20 minutes in the “Cooking” mode; salt the cooked fish.
How to cook rainbow trout in a double boiler
1. Remove scales from rainbow trout, remove entrails, gills, cut into steaks 3 cm thick.
2. Rub the trout on both sides with salt and black pepper and drizzle with lemon juice.
3. Put the trout steaks on the first tier of the double boiler, cover with a lid.
4. Turn on the steamer for 25 minutes.
How to cook trout fish soup in Finnish
Rainbow trout – 500 grams
Onions – 2 heads
Potatoes – 4 tubers
Cream – 250 grams
Bay leaves – 1 leaf
Salt – half a teaspoon
Parsley – bunch
Black pepper – 4 peas
How to cook Finnish trout fish soup
1. Clean rainbow trout from scales, entrails, remove gills, fins, wash in cold water.
2. Cut the fish into pieces about 4 centimeters thick.
3. Peel the potatoes, cut into large squares 3 centimeters thick.
4. Peel the onion, finely chop into cubes.
5. Put potatoes in a three-liter pan in an even layer, onion on top, the last layer is trout.
6. Pour boiling water over vegetables with fish in a saucepan, put on a burner on a quiet fire, after boiling, cook for 10 minutes, covered with a lid.
7. Pour in warm cream, salt, add pepper, bay leaf, after boiling, keep on the burner for 5 minutes.
8. Wash parsley, chop.
9. Sprinkle greens on the ear spilled on plates.
— How to clean rainbow trout:
1. Put the trout on a cutting board, wrap the tail with a napkin so that the fish does not slip.
2. Holding the tail of the trout with a tissue, scrape off the scales with the blunt side of a knife or a stiff metal brush.
3. Gently cut open the belly of the trout with kitchen scissors, without plunging them deep, so as not to damage the gallbladder, otherwise the finished fish will be bitter. If the gallbladder has ruptured, rub the fillet with salt before cooking.
4. Remove the inner dark film with your hands, using a knife if necessary.
5. Cut out the gills with kitchen scissors.
6. With your hands, take the tip of the ridge from the side of the head and slowly pull it towards you, tearing it away from the fillet. Together with the ridge, large bones should depart.
7. Rinse the fish in cool running water.
– Rainbow trout lives in freshwater reservoirs, but differs from river trout in a longer body and a bright wide strip located along the lateral line of the body of the fish.
— The cost of frozen rainbow trout is 300 rubles. (on average in Moscow as of July 2019).
– Caloric content of rainbow trout – 119 kcal / 100 grams.