Cooking pork broth will take 1.5 hours. Eggs should be fried for 5 minutes.
How to cook pavese
Pork – half a kilogram
Onions – 1 piece
Carrots – 1 piece
Celery root – 1 piece Long loaf
– 8 slices
Butter – 80 grams
Eggs – 8 pieces
Parmesan grated – 80 grams
Bay leaf – 2 pieces
Black or allspice pepper – 5 peas
Salt – to taste
Water – 3 liters
How to cook pavese soup
1. Rinse the meat thoroughly, put in a saucepan.
2. Wash and clean celery, carrots, and onions.
3. Fill a pot with pork water (3 liters), add vegetables.
4. Remove the foam until the broth boils, make the fire weaker, cook further.
5. When the amount of foam decreases, salt the pavese broth, add the bay leaf and pepper.
6. The broth is boiled for 1.5 hours over low heat, then it must be filtered.
7. Lightly fry the loaf slices on each side using butter.
8. Place the resulting croutons on the bottom of the pan, which has a non-stick coating.
9. Pour the eggs onto the croutons, try to keep the yolks whole.
10. Leave the pan on the fire.
11. When the eggs are fried, pour in the broth, rub the cheese on top.
12. Serve on the table, as a rule, after allowing the cheese to melt.
– According to legend, the soup was born in the vicinity of the Italian city of Pavese in 1525, when the army of the Holy Roman Empire defeated the French king Francis I. The defeated monarch wandered into a local farm in search of food and asked the hostess to feed him something – from everything that was under hand, she prepared the first pavese.
– The town of Pavese (today it is called the commune of Robecco-Pavese) is located in the heart of Lombardy, one of the northern regions of Italy, with picturesque nature, excellent wines and delicious cuisine made from local products.
– The reign of Francis I went down in history with the beginning of the wars between the Habsburgs (Spain, Germany) and the French dynasties of the Valois and the Bourbons, the formation of absolutism within the country and the development of the Renaissance. Francis was an eccentric personality, so such a simple soup attracted his attention and eventually gained fame throughout the world.