1 hour 20 minutes.
How to cook minestrone soup
Canned green peas – 200 grams Green
beans – 100 grams
Canned white beans – 200 grams
Celery – 2 stalks
Frozen broccoli – 200 grams
Frozen cauliflower – 200 grams
Tomato – 1 large
Garlic – 2 teeth
Potato – 1 large
Bulgarian pepper – 1 piece
Zucchini – 1 small
Onion – 1 head
Carrots – 1 medium
Chicken broth – 1.5 liters
Parmesan cheese – 50 grams
Dill, parsley, basil – 50 grams
Provencal herbs – to taste
Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
Vermicelli – 100 grams
Salt and ground black pepper – to taste
How to make Minestrone
1. Boil chicken broth with 1 chicken thigh and 2 liters of water.
2. Canned green peas open, drain the juice.
3. Canned beans open, rinse under cold water with water.
4. Wash the potatoes, peel, wash again and cut into cubes with a side of 1 centimeter.
5. Wash the celery, cut across into pieces 1 cm thick.
6. Place broccoli and cauliflower in a bowl.
7. Place the tomato in a cup of boiling water for 1 minute, then peel it and chop finely.
8. Peel and chop the garlic with a knife or garlic press.
9. Cut the bell pepper in half, remove the stalk, partitions and seeds, and finely chop.
10. Peel the zucchini and finely chop.
11. Wash and peel onions and carrots; finely chop the onion, grate the carrots on a coarse grater.
12. Pour 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil into a large deep frying pan, put onions, carrots and fry until golden, add chopped garlic and fry for another 2 minutes.
13. Pour chicken broth into a pan with onions and carrots, bring to a boil, add potatoes.
14. After 5 minutes, add cauliflower and broccoli, green beans, zucchini, pepper, tomato and vermicelli; cook for 10 minutes after boiling.
15. Add seasonings, salt and pepper to taste.
16. Add white beans and cook for another 5 minutes.
What is Minestrone Soup Minestrone
means “big soup” in Italian. It is in the minestrone that the largest amount of vegetables is used. The consistency of minestrone is more like a puree than a soup. That is why many Italians are sure that this is exactly the soup that fits the description “so that the spoon stands.”
For Italians, the preparation of minestrone soup is possible only when all the fresh ingredients are available in the local markets in the public domain. Usually this is a period of time from July to October (at the same time as ours). That is why this dish is seasonal, and, for example, even in Italy, not every restaurant will have chefs ready to offer minestrone all year round.
How to improve the taste of minestrone
1. In the oil that will be used for frying vegetables, add chili pepper, garlic and / or ginger root to taste.
2. The process of frying vegetables should be done gradually, and the slower it is, the better for the final result. The vegetable ingredients of the soup: fennel, onion, garlic, celery and carrots are fried only in olive oil. Zucchini and pumpkin can also take part in frying.
3. At the end of the soup cooking, spicy herbs such as basil, dill, oregano and thyme are added.
4. When serving, put Pesto sauce (1-2 teaspoons) in a bowl with soup.
What can be replaced in minestrone
Minestrone is prepared on the basis of broths: vegetable is more often used, but chicken or ham on the bone can also be used. In any broth, when cooking minestrone, spices can also be added to taste, and, of course, grape wine. By the way, in Italy, contrary to the widespread world experience, there is no beans in the recipe of this soup.
How to Serve a Minestrone
To make a minestrone that is not only delicious, but also aesthetically pleasing, cut the vegetables into cubes. In addition to garlic – it is placed in the soup in the form of petals. Minestrone soup is served hot on the table, you can decorate with basil on top, choose Pesto sauce as a dressing.