Cook lingonberry sauce for the winter for 30 minutes, cook quick lingonberry sauce for 10-15 minutes. In total, it will take about 1.5-2 hours to prepare 1 liter of sauce from picking berries to pouring into jars.
How to cook lingonberry sauce
Lingonberry – 300 grams
Sugar – half a glass
Water – 500 milliliters
Grape juice – 50 milliliters
Cinnamon – a pinch
Potato starch – 5 grams
How to cook lingonberry sauce for the winter
1. Leave frozen berries to defrost for 30 minutes at room temperature, process fresh ones immediately.
2. Place thawed or fresh lingonberries in a colander, rinse under low running cool water, let the liquid drain.
3. Pour 2 liters of fresh water into a saucepan, put lingonberries, place on medium heat, wait for it to boil.
4. Remove the pan with lingonberries from the burner, leave under a closed lid to sweat for 10 minutes.
5. Remove the berries from the broth, pour out most of the broth, leaving only a quarter of the total volume in the pan.
6. Cool lingonberries slightly, rub them in puree through cheesecloth or a sieve, put them in a saucepan with the remaining broth, add sugar, cinnamon, mix.
7. Place the saucepan with the sauce on a quiet fire, hold on the stove for 7-10 minutes after boiling until it thickens.
8. In a bowl, dissolve potato starch in 500 milliliters of cold water.
9. Pour grape juice into the sauce, mix, hold on fire for a couple of minutes and add diluted starch, mix, cover, wait for a boil, remove from the burner.
10. Pour lingonberry sauce into sterilized jars, close with airtight lids, store in a cool place.
Quick lingonberry sauce with onions
– 1 kilogram
Onion – 1 head
Vegetable oil – 50 grams
Honey – a teaspoon
Sugar – 2 teaspoons
Lemon – 1 piece
How to make a quick lingonberry sauce with onions
1. Wash the lingonberries in a colander under weak running water (if you use a berry from your site, then with proper care you can not wash it).
2. Peel the onion, cut into small squares.
3. Pour vegetable oil into a thick-walled saucepan, heat over medium heat for 2 minutes.
4. Fry onions for 5 minutes.
5. Add lingonberries, sugar to the fried onion, mix, cook for 10 minutes.
6. Wash the lemon, rub the zest on the grater on all sides.
7. Put honey, lemon zest into the sauce, cook for 10 minutes, stirring, until a homogeneous mass is formed with a density like liquid sour cream.
8. Cool the finished sauce, store in the refrigerator in jars or a covered container.
Quick lingonberry sauce with orange
Lingonberry – 400 grams
Cowberry juice – 500 milliliters
Orange – half
Grape juice – 100 grams
Cinnamon – a pinch
Honey – 2 tablespoons
How to cook a quick lingonberry sauce with orange
1. Put the lingonberries in a colander, wash under weak running water.
2. Pour lingonberry juice into a saucepan and put lingonberries, bring to a boil over medium heat.
3. Peel half of the orange from the zest, squeeze the juice from the pulp.
4. Add orange juice to a pan with lingonberries and put a whole orange peel, honey, cinnamon, pour in grape juice.
5. Wait for the lingonberry sauce to boil again, cover and keep for 10 minutes on low heat.
Store the sauce for 2 days in the refrigerator.
– The recipe for lingonberry sauce for meat for the winter is similar to the recipe for jam, but jam is made much sweeter. To prepare an unsweetened sauce for meat, it is better to use quick recipes.
— Lingonberry sauce goes well with red meat, especially with pork.
– Cinnamon, lemon or orange zest are added from spices to lingonberry sauce.