Lemon soup is boiled for about an hour.
How to cook Turkish Lemon Soup
Lemon – 2 pieces
Chicken breasts on the bones – 2 pieces
Chicken broth – 1 liter
Rice (long or brown) – 150 grams
Zucchini – 2 small greens
Onion – 2 pieces
Leek – 2 stalks
Celery – 2 stalks
Garlic – 3 cloves
Olive oil – 5 tablespoons
Hot and cloves peppercorns – to taste
Bay leaf – 1-2 pieces
Ground white pepper, salt – to taste
How to make Turkish Lemon Soup
1. Rinse 2 chicken breasts, put in a saucepan, pour 1 liter of chicken broth and simmer for about 40 minutes.
2. Add spices to the broth – a few peas of hot and cloves pepper and 1-2 bay leaves.
3. Rinse the rice several times in water until it runs clear and drain.
4. Peel 2 onions and cut into rings.
5. Rinse 2 stalks of leek and celery, and 2 zucchini. Chop the stems into strips, and cut the zucchini into circles.
6. Heat a frying pan well with 5 tablespoons of olive oil and sauté the prepared vegetables over low heat. At the end of frying, add 3 crushed, and preferably passed through a press, garlic cloves and mix.
7. Strain the chicken broth, put the fried vegetables, rice into it and put it on the fire again for 30 minutes.
8. Separate the boiled chicken breasts from the bones, remove the skin and cut into small pieces.
9. Rinse thoroughly 2 lemons. Squeeze juice from one, and cut the second into circles.
10. Mix chicken with lemon juice, salt and put everything in a saucepan. Before serving, add a couple of lemon slices to the soup bowl.
How to cook Greek Lemon Soup
Lemon – 1 piece
Chicken broth – 2 liters
Rice (long) – 180 grams
Chicken egg – 3 pieces
How to make Lemon Greek Soup
1. Pour 2 liters of chicken broth into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Wash 180 grams of rice in several waters. As soon as the broth boils, put the rice in a saucepan and cook for 15 minutes until it is ready.
3. Rinse the lemon well, cut into two halves and squeeze the juice.
4. Beat 3 eggs in a small saucepan and, continuing to stir quickly, pour in the lemon juice.
5. Add 3 cups of chicken broth to the egg-lemon mixture, stir and pour back into the soup pot. Ready soup can be poured into bowls and served at the table.