Cook Korean rice for 11 minutes and leave for 15 minutes.
Rice in Korean
Round grain rice – 1 cup
Water – 2.5 cups
How to cook Korean-style rice
1. Pour the rice into a sieve and rinse well for a couple of minutes, rubbing the rice with your hands.
2. Let the water drain and transfer the rice to the pan.
3. Pour rice with 2.5 cups of cold water and put on a strong fire.
4. Cook rice in Korean until boiling and then simmer for 1 minute over high heat.
5. Reduce heat and cook rice for 10 minutes with the lid closed.
6. Remove the rice from the heat, stir the rice and insist for 15 minutes.
Your Korean rice is ready!
The secret of Korean rice is in the original heat treatment. At first, rice is cooked very intensively, while bringing the rice to full readiness takes place due to the accumulated temperature. Thick-walled pots or cauldrons are best kept warm, and if they are not there, just wrap the rice with a blanket or keep warm.
Since the main dishes of Korean cuisine are usually very spicy and fragrant, rice serves as a rather fresh and nutritious addition to them at the same time. Spices and salt are not added at all when cooking Korean rice, so it will perfectly dilute the spiciness of Korean chicken, pickled bell peppers or meat hee.
Rice is so common in Korea that it is simply called porridge. In Korean families, rice cooked in this way is served throughout the day as bread. Still, this is the fifth country in the production of rice, a country that has even surpassed Thailand.