Cook congrio whole for 20 minutes, in a slow cooker for a couple and a double boiler – 30 minutes. If you cut the congrio into pieces, the cooking time will be reduced by 10 minutes.
How to cook congrio
You will need – congrio, water, salt, herbs and spices to taste
1. Gut and rinse the congrio, clean the carcass from mucus.
2. Rinse the congrio under running water.
3. Pour water into the pan, put the congrio, put the pan on the fire.
4. Salt the congrio and add the peppercorns to the pan.
5. Boil congrio for 20 minutes.
How to steam congrio
fish carcass – 1 kilogram
Lemon – 1 piece
Garlic – 2 cloves
Fresh dill – 1 bunch
Mayonnaise – 2 tablespoons with a slide
Mustard – a full tablespoon
Olive oil – 2 full tablespoons
Dried rosemary – a pinch
Salt and ground pepper – a pinch each
Steam fish congrio
1. Rinse the carcass of the fish under running cool water to get rid of the mucus.
2. Cut into pieces no more than 4-5 cm each.
3. Add the necessary seasonings: salt, pepper, rosemary.
4. Put in a double boiler and cook for 20 minutes.
5. In a blender, combine finely chopped garlic and dill, add mustard, mayonnaise, olive oil and lemon juice.
6. Pepper, salt and beat the congrio steamed fish sauce until smooth.
7. Serve the finished fish with the resulting sauce. A suitable side dish would be rice or a vegetable salad.
– Congrio is a large fish that lives at various depths from a few meters to a kilometer. It usually feeds on mollusks and crustaceans, but sometimes this predator can also attack small fish. Especially common in Chile, Brazil off the coast of South Australia and South Africa.
– Congrio meat has a pinkish tint , eats shellfish, and tastes like shrimp. Because of this, in Russia it is sometimes called shrimp fish. Another name for congrio is king-clip.
– The liver of congrio is also suitable for food. They say that it tastes more tender and pleasant than the common chicken liver.
– Pablo Neruda – a poet from Chile, where they love this fish very much, even dedicated the poem “Ode to Fish Soup” to congrio .
– The cost of a frozen congrio is from 280 rubles / 1 kilogram (on average in Moscow as of July 2019).
How to cook congrio soup
per pan 7 liters
Whole shrimp fish – 1-1.5 kilograms
Carrots – 2 larger pieces
Bulgarian pepper – 1 piece
Tomato – 2 pieces
Large onions – 2 pieces
Young garlic – 4 cloves
Potatoes – 3 pieces
Bay leaf – a few leaves
Dried oregano – 1 teaspoon
Sunflower oil – 80 milliliters
Lemon juice – half a glass
Salt and pepper to taste
Cream up to 20% fat -120 grams Green onions – a large bunch (can be replaced with cilantro, parsley)
How to cook shrimp fish soup
1. Gut the congrio, rinse with cold water, scrape a little with a knife to remove the mucus.
2. Cut the congrio into large pieces.
3. Prepare the marinade: lemon juice, finely chopped garlic, salt and pepper.
4. Marinate fish pieces in it.
5. While the flesh of the congrio is marinating, boil a strong broth from the head, fins, skin and tail of the congrio.
6. Add one carrot, onion, two cloves of garlic, bay leaf, salt and pepper to the congrio broth to taste.
7. Simmer for 15 minutes.
8. Cut the second onion into half rings, carrots and potatoes into circles, pepper into strips. 10. Heat the vegetable oil well in a large saucepan.
9. Tomatoes, after dousing with boiling water and peeling from the skin and seeds, cut into cubes.
11. Stew onions, carrots in it over low heat, add tomatoes, and after a few minutes sweet peppers and potatoes.
12. Add spices: oregano, salt, black pepper, bay leaf.
13. Pour everything with cooked fish broth.
14. Bring the broth for the congrio soup to a boil.
15. 10 minutes after boiling again, dip the pieces of shrimp fish into the boiling broth and pour in the marinade.
16. Maintain a gentle simmer for another 15 minutes.
17. Before serving, add a tablespoon of cream to each bowl of congrio soup and mix well.
18. Top the soup with chopped green onions.
Serve the congrio soup hot, with fresh white bread.