Rinse the bulgur before cooking in running water, put it in a sieve, drain the water and fry the bulgur in a saucepan in vegetable oil for 1 minute , add boiling water in a ratio of 1 to 2 (2 cups of boiling water for 1 mug of bulgur), cook for 20 minutes under a lid over low heat , stirring.
Bulgur – half a cup
Water – 1 cup
Salt – 1 level teaspoon
Vegetable oil – 2 tablespoons
How to cook bulgur
- Measure out half a cup of bulgur, rinse (2 servings of bulgur – half a cup).
- Pour 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil into the bottom of the pan. Put a saucepan with oil on the fire, slightly warm up.
- Pour bulgur into a saucepan, mix well with oil, hold on fire for 1 minute.
- Pour 1 cup boiling water into the saucepan.
- Add salt and stir in the bulgur. Cover the saucepan with bulgur with a lid, cook for 15 minutes over low heat, if necessary (for example, if the bulgur is old and poorly boiled), add another half a glass of water.
Boiled bulgur is ready!
Fast facts about bulgur
Bulgur is a special wheat groats. When processing wheat to obtain bulgur, it is first steamed, then dried, debranned and crushed. The output is a semi-finished instant cereal and great benefits.
Before cooking, it is recommended to fry the bulgur in vegetable oil for 2 minutes (medium fire, without a lid).
Bulgur tastes like a cross between rice, buckwheat and pearl barley. In almost any recipe, rice can be replaced with bulgur. Even in the swim.
Bulgur during cooking increases 3 times – from half a glass of cereal you will get 2 large servings.
Bulgur soup is added 30 minutes before the end of cooking – half a glass of cereal is enough for a 5-liter saucepan.
The calorie content of bulgur is 88 kcal per 100 grams.
The cost of bulgur is from 160 rubles / 1 kilogram (on average in Moscow as of June 2020).
Spices for bulgur – thyme, oregano, basil, marjoram, garlic. It is also recommended to add butter to boiled bulgur after cooking.