Rinse the lung thoroughly, cut lengthwise, remove large veins and vessels. Put the lung in a saucepan and pour cold water with a margin. after cooking, the lung deforms and floats. Bring water to a boil, add salt, spices and cook for 40-60 minutes depending on the size. After cooking, you need to let the lung cool and remove the films from it. After cooking, it is better to cut the lung into pieces and fry or stew.
In a pressure cooker, the lung is cooked for 10 minutes.
How to cook beef lung
Products Beef lung – half a kilo Salt – 2 teaspoons Lavrushka – 1 leaf
- Defrost beef lung and rinse thoroughly.
- Cut each lung in half lengthwise and remove large veins.
- Put the lung in a saucepan, fill it with water with a margin, since during cooking the lung is strongly deformed and can rise from under the water. You can put a load or a cover of a smaller diameter so that the lung does not boil out.
- When cooking, almost no foam forms, but for the first couple of minutes it is better to monitor and carefully remove the foam when it forms.
- Salt lightly, add spices.
- Boil the beef lung for 40 minutes, then remove from the pan, cool slightly and remove the film.
Boiled beef lung tastes like something between lard and meat. To use as an independent dish, after cooking, fry the lung in vegetable oil with the addition of spices. But more often, salads are prepared with light or used for fillings in pies – in both cases, the beef lung should be brought to full readiness, just like the heart, liver and any beef offal. In order to make the beef lung softer , as well as rid it of a pungent odor, you can soak it in water for 2-3 hours. Or use a pressure cooker, in which the dish will be cooked under pressure. Calorie beef lung – 103 kcal / 100 grams. cost of beef lung— from 180 rubles/kilogram (in Moscow as of June 2020). Due to the relative cheapness, the lung is sometimes given as food for dogs – in this case, cook the lung for 10 minutes, or you can do it without cooking, but then you should first freeze the offal.
Method in a pressure cooker
Products Beef lung – half a kilo Salt – 2 teaspoons Lavrushka, pepper, onion and carrots as spices – to taste How to cook beef lung 1. Rinse the lung thoroughly under running water, large veins can be removed before or after cooking.
2. Put the washed heart into the pressure cooker or the bowl of the pressure cooker, add salt and spices.
4. Close the pressure cooker valve. Put the rubble pressure cooker on a small heat, set the multicooker-pressure cooker to the cooking mode. 5. Boil the lung for 10 minutes after the valve closes (a characteristic hiss will notify you, the pressure cooker will emit a signal).
6. Release the pressure for 10-20 minutes under natural conditions, then you can use light in recipes. When loading a pressure cooker with a lung, keep in mind that the lung will greatly inflate in size. It is better to cook the lung by cutting it into large pieces, the water should be more than 1.5 times the level of the lung. After cooking, you can add chopped raw vegetables (potatoes, carrots, cabbage, tomatoes, etc.) to the pressure cooker and cook the dish for another 10 minutes – then you get a delicious stew with minimal effort. If the lung has a strong smell, it is better to soak it in water or milk for a couple of hours.
Salad with boiled lung and cucumbers
Products Boiled beef lung – half a kilo Pickled cucumbers – 6 pieces Olives – 300 grams Cilantro – 1 bunch Bulb onions – 1 head Mayonnaise or sour cream, salt and pepper – to taste. Boiled Beef Lung Salad Recipe Easy to boil and finely chop, finely chop the pickled cucumbers, chop the olives in half, finely chop the onion and cilantro. Season with mayonnaise or sour cream, salt, pepper, add a spoonful of sunflower oil and mix well.
Salad with boiled lung and eggs
Products Boiled beef lung – half a kilo Eggs – 3 pieces Green peas – a small can Corn – 300 grams Bulb onion – 1 head Mayonnaise or sour cream, herbs, salt and pepper – to taste. Making a light salad Boiled eggs , onion and boiled beef light finely chopped, add corn and peas, season with mayonnaise or sour cream, sprinkle with herbs and mix well.