Simmer barley in milk for 1.5 hours .
How to simmer barley in milk
for 2 servings
Barley – 1 cup
Water – 1 cup for soaking
Milk – 4 cups
Salt – 3 pinches
Sugar – 2 tablespoons (to taste, optional ingredient)
Butter – 20-30 grams for cooking and 10-20 grams for filing
How to cook barley with milk in a saucepan
1. Sort and rinse barley, pour 1 glass of water and leave for 6-8 hours.
2. Drain the water, rinse the barley again, put it in a saucepan or cauldron.
3. Warm up 2 cups of milk, pour it into the barley, stir in 20-30 grams of butter.
4. After boiling, cook for 1.5-2 hours on very low heat under the lid until the liquid evaporates.
5. Serve with a cube of butter.
Milk barley in gadgets
How to cook barley in a water bath
1. Pour the prepared barley with hot milk in a small saucepan, stir in the oil.
2. Boil water in a large saucepan, put a pot of porridge in it.
3. Water in a large pot should boil with a quiet bubbling, and milk should only give a little steam.
4. Simmer in a water bath for 6 hours, no need to stir. Serve with butter.
How to cook milk barley in a multicooker
1. Put barley with milk in a multicooker mold, set the “Stewing” mode and cook for 1 hour (without pre-soaking 1.5-2 hours).
2. After the time has elapsed, leave the multicooker in the heating mode for another 1 hour so that the cereal becomes softer.