Be sure to soak the beans in cold water for at least 12 hours before boiling. Transfer the soaked product to a saucepan and pour new water a couple of centimeters above the level of the beans. Put the pan on a quiet fire, wait until it boils and cook for an hour and a half . Salt soybeans no earlier than 15 minutes before the end of the boil so that the beans do not become hard.
To cook beans without constant supervision, set the timer to 99 minutes and cook on 3 out of 10 power.
Recipe with boiled soybeans
Soybeans – 100 grams
Mushrooms – 20 grams
Durum cheese – 50 grams
Cream – 200 grams
Bulb onion – half a head
Garlic – 1 clove
Ground black pepper – to taste
Salt – to taste
Butter – 1 tablespoon
How to cook soybeans
1. Wash the beans and soak in cold boiled water for 12 hours.
2. Drain the water.
3. Put the beans in a saucepan and fill with water so that it covers them with a margin of 2 centimeters.
4. Cover the pan with a lid and cook over low heat for 1.5 hours.
5. Add salt 15 minutes before cooking.
6. When ready, remove the pan from the heat, drain the water.
7. Peel onion and garlic, finely chop.
8. Cut the mushrooms into strips.
9. Melt butter in a frying pan, add onion, garlic, mushrooms, pepper, salt and lightly fry over low heat until “golden”.
10. Add the beans to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
11. Add cream and simmer for another 10 minutes.
12. Grate the cheese. Add to skillet and simmer beans for 3 more minutes.
– Caloric content of soybeans – 122 kcal / 100 grams.
– benefitsoybeans are determined by their content of potassium (provides water-salt balance), iron (supports good immunity, participates in the growth process, provides oxygen transportation in the body), calcium (bone formation), magnesium (participates in energy production, bone tissue building, protein synthesis), phosphorus (ensures the normal functioning of the nervous system), zinc (improves memory, is important for the brain, skin, nervous system), as well as vitamin A (contributes to the normal functioning of the immune system, the fight against skin diseases), B1 (necessary for normal blood circulation), B2 (needed to maintain healthy skin, nails, hair), B6 (improves metabolism), C (needed for hematopoiesis), E (slows down the aging process, has a beneficial effect on blood circulation).
– It is not recommended to add soda when boiling beans. This will speed up the cooking, but when soda is added, the vitamins contained in the beans are destroyed, and a specific aftertaste appears.
Soybeans go great with vegetables and herbs.
– A sign of readiness of soybeans is their softness.
– Shelf life of soybeans – 1 year at a temperature of 0-10 degrees.
– The average cost of soybeans in Moscow in June 2017 is from 100 rubles per kilogram.