Quinoa is very easy to prepare, the fastest way is to cook it in a saucepan : pour water 1:2, heat to a boil and cook for 15 minutes under a lid with a slight boil and stirring occasionally.
In a slow cooker, cook quinoa for the same amount on the “Cooking” mode with the lid closed, or 20 minutes on the “Pilaf” mode. But quinoa is not boiled in a pressure cooker, as the pressure boils the groats.
How to cook quinoa in a pot
For 1 serving, take 1/5 cup, as the cereal increases greatly in volume
1. Pour quinoa into a saucepan, wash, grinding the grains, and pour cold water 1: 2 – half a glass of quinoa 1 glass of water.
2. Put on fire and cook for 15 minutes.
3. Turn off the fire, leave for 5 minutes.
Serve with butter.
How much to cook different varieties
Quinoa “Mistral” cook for 15-20 minutes.
Cook cereals from Bravoli for 15 minutes.
Cook quinoa mixture “Bee fresh” for 15 minutes.
Boil Royal Forest groats for 15-20 minutes.
How long to cook quinoa for soup
Add the grits immediately to the soup and cook for 15 minutes.
How to cook quinoa porridge
Quinoa – half a glass
Milk – half a glass
Honey – 3 tablespoons
Banana – 1 piece
Cinnamon – a pinch
Apples – 1 piece
How to cook
quinoa porridge Pour quinoa into a sieve, rinse well to remove any bitterness, put in a saucepan and pour over milk. Put the saucepan on the fire, boil over medium heat, reduce the heat, cover and cook after boiling for 20 minutes.
Serve quinoa porridge sprinkled with cinnamon, drizzled with honey and garnished with chopped fruit.
Quinoa porridge in a slow cooker Pour the washed quinoa into a slow cooker, pour over milk and cook for 20 minutes on the “Milk porridge” mode.
What Quinoa Tastes
Like Boiled groats have a grainy texture and taste of soft nuts with grassy notes. Groats are quite expensive (as of June 2019 – from 600 rubles / kilogram, sold in bags of 300-400 grams), but its taste is quite specific, just enough to occasionally diversify classic Russian cereals.
In the photo, raw quinoa is visually compared to buckwheat:
– Quinoa is great served with cheese, butter and herbs, and if you use fragrant broth when cooking, then quinoa will become a full-fledged dish. Quinoa porridge with sugar and jam is also good.
– Before cooking quinoa, you can ignite for 2-3 minutes in a frying pan – then after cooking it will be more crumbly.
– Quinoa is very healthy : contains fiber (health of the digestive system), carbohydrates (energy balance of the body), riboflavin (metabolism, youth and skin health).
– Calorie content of quinoa – 370 kcal / 100 grams. Quinoa is considered a high calorie food.
Quinoa – two glasses
Chicken legs – 8 pieces
Onions – 2 heads
Carrots – 3 medium carrots
Tomatoes – 5 medium-sized
peppers – 1 piece
Garlic – 1 piece
Vegetable oil – 3 tablespoons
Zira – half a teaspoon
Coriander – half a teaspoon
Cilantro – to taste
Black pepper and salt – to taste
Recipe for pilaf with quinoa
1. Peel and cut the onion into half rings.
2. Peel and finely chop the carrots.
3. Remove the skin from the chicken legs and cut off the meat.
4. Preheat the pan, pour in the oil, put the chicken bones with cartilage, fry for 10 minutes, then remove the bones.
5. Add carrots to the pan, add spices, chopped pepper, and fry for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Add onion, fry for another 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Add pieces of meat, fry for 10 minutes.
8. Wash and dice the tomatoes, add to the pan.
9. Salt, put garlic on top.
10. Pour quinoa, add one and a half liters of boiling water and mix well.
11. Serve quinoa pilaf sprinkled with cilantro.